Traveling the world, learning languages, and immersing myself in new cultures.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Salute to Great Friends


Emcee: Thank you all for coming. We will now hear remarks from their closest friend, the TMax.

TMax: A pair of greats are no longer with us. They supported me through so much. They were always working together, each carrying their share of the burden. They always made me feel so comfortable. Of course, I'm referring to my former everyday/travel shoes.
Walking the city walls in Dubrovnik, Croatia
Walking the city walls in Dubrovnik, Croatia


A great pair of shoes has reached its limit of usefulness and will be retired today. It is moments like these that we reflect on how important a great pair of shoes really are. Shoes have to enormous responsibility of providing comfort, not only for your feet, but your entire body, as you walk and explore cities, climb weird structures to take good pics, and trek along various terrains.

Let us remember now, that investing in a good pair of shoes is worth the money spent, if these shoes bring you absolutely no memories of your feet or back pain. That means they worked. They were the silent champions, taking the weight of your body (if you're American, this could be quite a lot of weight) on their shoulders, and persevering through many tough times.

Some shoes are designed for one specific task, but these shoes could do it all. I could work out in these shoes. Or I could relax in them. I could run or play sports in these shoes. Or I could have a barbecue at my house in them. I could do handstands easily with them, as they were lightweight. I could also fall out of said handstands because I have not yet perfected the strength and balance in my shoulder muscles, but land safely on my feet in these shoes. These were my go-to shoes, and have traveled with me to 24 different countries and countless cities (actually I could count them, but I'm too lazy).

Please join me as I salute a great pair of shoes, and I have prepared a brief photo slide show of some of the good times we had together.

Relaxing with some Champagne in Epernay, France
Relaxing with some Champagne in Epernay, France

Overlooking the port in Marseille, France
Overlooking the port in Marseille, France

Oh, the good times we had in Belgium
Oh, the good times we had in Belgium

First time in Madrid, Spain
First time in Madrid, Spain. (Second time I went to Madrid) 

On a Caribbean cruise for Christmas 2013
On a Caribbean cruise for Christmas 2013

Carol I Park in Bucharest, Romania
Carol I Park in Bucharest, Romania

Scaling the tiger in Oslo, Norway
Scaling the tiger in Oslo, Norway

San Fermin in Pamplona, Spain
San Fermin in Pamplona, Spain

Last seen at La Tomatina
Last seen at La Tomatina

Reebok, you can send my check to...



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be reviewed and then posted shortly. See you on the next adventure!

best eBook ever

Subscribe & Travel with the TMax

Popular Posts

Countries Visited

Blog Archive

Instagram

YouTube

Online Fitness Course

Online Fitness Course
Functional Fitness for ALL Levels

Online Kettlebell Course

Online Kettlebell Course
Kettlebells For You, Me, & Everybody

Badges