Traveling the world, learning languages, and immersing myself in new cultures.

Monday, December 28, 2015

11 Differences This American Notices between Europe and The USA

As a follow up to my recently posted 13 Things This American Misses About The US, I've come up with some differences that I noticed between the Americans and the Europeans (yes, I continue to lump all of those different countries together). These are purely observations, and not a post about who does things better or worse. I have plenty of those already. So, these are differences I notice between the US and Europe.



1. The men's bathroom etiquette is a bit different. American men tend to not want/be able to pee next to other men, therefore most American urinals have dividers. Also, I can count the times on one hand when a European man washed his hands after using the bathroom, and on the other hand how many times an American man left the bathroom without washing his.

2. Americans always say "please", "thank you", and "excuse me", but the Europeans, not so much. 

3. The Americans greet everyone they make eye contact with. I thought I was just famous and everyone was reading my blog, but then I realized it's just part of the culture.

4. There are "need help" buttons and price scanners in stores in America. Can't say I've ever seen one in Europe.

5. American coffee has lots of water, but European coffee is less diluted. This explains why the Europeans call anything not espresso, an American coffee.

 6. Gyms in the US are bigger, they have racquetball, a kid's area for parents with little kids, free wifi, and most importantly, pickup basketball.

7. Cities are flatter in the US - not every building has stores at the bottom and apartments above, like in most European cities.

8. America has free refills.

9. Stores are open on Sundays in America.

10. Racism seems much less prevalent in Europe than America.

11. Movie refreshments in the US are much more extensive and come in larger sizes. 


Do you agree or disagree with any of my points? What differences have you noticed while traveling between countries or cultures? Let me know in the comments!  

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be reviewed and then posted shortly. See you on the next adventure!

best eBook ever

Subscribe & Travel with the TMax

Popular Posts

Countries Visited

Blog Archive

Instagram

YouTube

Online Fitness Course

Online Fitness Course
Functional Fitness for ALL Levels

Online Kettlebell Course

Online Kettlebell Course
Kettlebells For You, Me, & Everybody

Badges