Traveling the world, learning languages, and immersing myself in new cultures.

Friday, June 17, 2016

This American's Travel Checklist

I think it is hilarious when I see people traveling with rolling suitcases and two handbags, plus a backpack, and they are only going on a week-long trip. I understand, they are afraid they might need something, so they pack everything. I prefer to pack light and hope I don't need anything else. I didn't have a lot of money to invest in a professional backpacker's backpack, so I simply used my backpack from when I was in college. I did recently upgrade to a bigger backpack, one) because my old one was ripping along the zipper, and two) so I can carry more souvenirs back from my trips.



So, because you all didn't ask for it, I'm going to give it to you: how this American packs for his travels. (I know, different title than above, so you get two titles!) 



1. One good backpack is enough.

2. Plan to throw away old underwear and socks (travel back lighter or more room for souvenirs). 

3. Smaller bag for day-to-day traveling.

4. iPad/tablet - has books, games, movies, etc. in one device.

5. One pair of shoes, maybe two if there is an absolute need (like beach shoes or dress shoes).

6. One pair of jeans, one pair of shorts, one shirt/underwear/pair of socks for each day.

7. Roll clothing to fit more.

8. Ziplock bag with toiletries, instead of a large toiletry bag. Unless you have a super cool compact personalized travel toiletry bag.

9. Microfiber towel, it rolls up very small, drys very quickly, and can even be used at the beach.

10. Plastic grocery bag for dirty clothes, so if you have to mix dirty and clean, there's no cross-contamination.

11. Small umbrella or rain jacket (in certain places and seasons).

12. Power bank for charging electronic devices, especially cameras and phones, which tend to die quickly.

13. TRX. It's compact, lightweight, and I can use it to exercise anywhere inside or outside. 

14. Deck of cards. Classic way to entertain yourself and others when you have unanticipated downtime (like in a train station or airport).

All packed and ready to go!
All packed and ready to go!

What do you think?

Do you agree with my list? What do you travel with that I neglected to mention? What do I take that you don't need? Leave comments below!

Thanks for Travelin' with the TMax! 

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be reviewed and then posted shortly. See you on the next adventure!

best eBook ever

Subscribe & Travel with the TMax

Popular Posts

Countries Visited

Blog Archive

Instagram

YouTube

Online Fitness Course

Online Fitness Course
Functional Fitness for ALL Levels

Online Kettlebell Course

Online Kettlebell Course
Kettlebells For You, Me, & Everybody

Badges